Tramore Development Trust is a community-led voluntary organisation that was formed in 2,000. It is a company limited by guarantee and has charitable status. The role of Tramore Development Trust is to act as a catalyst for change and to work with stakeholders in Tramore to utilise their assets for the benefit of our community and its visitors.
Our objectives are to create an enterprising, sustainable, and prosperous town in Tramore that protects the environment and builds on the strengths of our community.
Our aim is to strive towards an energetic town that acknowledges the past of Tramore, while creating an exciting future. Tramore Development Trust aims to encourage local community action and help to influence state agencies, community groups, businesses and individuals to engage in the future growth of Tramore.
The primary objective is
“To foster a vibrant heart within Tramore by promoting inclusion and diversity, social integration and by harnessing our resources, our people and our unique natural environment”
Our secondary onjectives are
- To contribute to the development of a town where progress is encouraged, that protects the environment and builds on the strengths of the community.
- To create an enterprising and prosperous community that fosters development and innovation within ‘green’ and sustainable parameters.
- To build an energetic town serving all the community and visitors alike.
- To promote opportunities and create facilities for everyone to develop socially, culturally and educationally to their full potential.
- To cultivate a safe place where local people are actively involved in making things happen for themselves.
- To generate opportunities for collaboration, foster community spirit, taking pride in our own place, acknowledging the past while creating an exciting and vibrant future.
The name of the Company is Tramore Development Trust, a company limited by guarantee. The Company is a company limited by guarantee, registered under Part 18 of the Companies Act 2014.
Current Board of Directors
Denis Leamy – Chairperson
Gerry O’Sullivan – Secretary
Niall Shanaghy – Treasurer
Vinnie O’ Shea